Researching in collaboration with psychologist some reasons why children should do puzzles, we discovered that not only is beneficial to the individual that the little ones play with puzzles, but also is a fantastic exercise to promote socialization and strengthen family ties with parents and siblings.
Today television and new technologies occupy much of the play activity of more kids in the house. However, it must be time for everything and also leisure can engage in sports and other activities and games.
We have summarized these findings in the psychological benefits the family game:
Parents are an essential aspect when a child plays, as are its referent, which teach you how and what to play, to give her toys and explain its operation. Through play, parents help children develop imagination and socialization. The game makes improve parent-child relationship. Also, with siblings, makes know each other and improve the relationship between them. Puzzle Reviews will give parents a good idea about the puzzle games. Which one should choose for his child.
Playing the children feel that their parents are not just an authority figure is present in their education, but also in the fun and enjoyment. This is also an important way of expressing affection.
If a child completes a puzzle or a piece well positioned, and adults congratulate him thus help improve their self-esteem and motivation. The positive feeling that occurs in the child makes me want to repeat more often and more forcefully confront to new challenges and activities.
Playing with children is a way to meet their needs and interests, because children tend to express their feelings and concerns through play. The game also shows what are the skills, limitations and strengths of children , what parent is a valuable information about the skills, tastes and character of their children.
Play is a great way to learn from each other, because the children can teach parents things throughout the game, like the parents teach their children. It is a source of experimentation and knowledge of oneself and those around him , both with parents and with siblings as they learn to play together and be seen among them. Also become aware of the group membership. They also learn to relate, to respect and enforce social norms to better integrate into the group.
Let’s see why the puzzles are a perfect entertainment for children and youth:
- With puzzles, children observe and explore the objects that have around improving their attention and concentration.
- They learn to control themselves and think before acting.
- Develop spatial vision and cognitive skills, learning concepts of different subjects that relates the puzzle (objects, animals, landscapes, etc..)
- Improve perceptual reasoning and math skills as well as problem solving .
- They develop fine motor skills, ie the small manipulative movements , such as writing, as they have to put small pieces in place with great skill and precision .
- They develop coordination and visual-motor, which is the same, which connects the hand with the eye.
- Increase their ability to take something general specific information, and vice versa: for something specific (such as one piece) built the whole (the completed puzzle). With the overall image have to locate each of the pieces and get them form the model, ie, they learn to synthesize information received from the environment.
In conclusion, the important thing in the game is not the end result, who wins or who loses, but the whole process and the time that has been shared. Finally, it is important to note that not only is necessary to play in family, children must also learn to play alone and with peers.